Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Finally, Snow!

It's been a long time coming, but we finally have some snow here in Utah! We had a big storm today and Sundance got 21 - yep, twenty one! - inches of snow. So we spent the afternoon making crappy snowballs (Utah snow does not pack well - it's the blessing and curse of the Greatest Snow on Earth) and enjoying our first good snowfall.

Steve started work at Sundance last Friday and is grateful for some more snow on the mountain. Ski instructing is better than basically any other job on the planet... but it is a heck of a lot more enjoyable when there's snow to ski on. It's really been fun for him to work full time this winter and I've enjoyed staying home, although I'm a little nervous that I may need to go grocery shopping soon, something that I've avoided like the plague for the past 8 years. Maybe I can make the groceries we have last until January? Yeah, probably not. Sigh. And I thought staying at home was all about eating Christmas cookies. Well, maybe I can use the snow as an excuse to delay the shopping a few more days.

2 comments:

sandyamstar said...

Well you could start by buying cookie ingredients! Ease yourself into the fun blown cart full grocery shopping! And besides, you probably don't want too much food in the house while you're gone!

Jennifer said...

Another similarity! lol! I truly refuse to go grocery shopping unless it's an emergency. :-) Make that any kind of shopping, really.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails