Sunday, May 31, 2009

School's Out

Friday was the boys' last day of school and both of them came home with excellent compositions about their favorite memories of the school year.

Ben's is especially cool because it's his first journal entry that he wrote entirely on his own (he usually copies over the teacher's writing in highlighter). It reads: "My favorite memory this school year was popcorn and brownees" and it includes a delightful drawing of a very happy Benjamin chowing down on brownies as he exclaims, "Mmmm."

And here's Sam's journal entry on his major learning points from the year:
5 things I learned this year.......
1. that the nematode is like a worm
2. tri means 3 and bi means 2.
3. Teachers Rock! not
4. I like school next to teachers and (turn page)
5. I like the nematode 50-25-25 most.
Apparently Ben's school year revolved around food and Sam's learnings centered on sarcasm and worms. Yep, sounds like my boys!

4 comments:

Joby and Marla said...

I love when school is out!!!!

No homework :)

Anonymous said...

I am not sure what "I like the nematode 50-25-25 most." means? Can you help me out on this. Spike

Anonymous said...

LOL! Can I just say that if I've had a long day at work, that I enjoy (wholeheartedly) jumping on here to get a good laugh from either A: your boys or B: how you word their adventures...it just tickles the funny bone somehow; enough to take the sour mood away....you Morningstars are such a blessing! :)

`Cori

Jstar said...

Spike, I think that's a variety of nematode. We'll have to ask Sam to tell us more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails