Thursday, June 11, 2009

When did I move to Seattle?

I thought I lived in a desert. I thought that the desert in the summer was supposed to be a)hot and b)dry. I thought I would get my money out of a Seven Peaks season pass in the month of June alone. I thought it was my God-given right that my children should be outside all day every day whenever they aren't in school. Apparently, I was wrong about all of these things.

Yes, yes, I know I should be grateful for the moisture and my flowers love the temps and blah blah blah, but right now I just want to enjoy a hot day at the pool with my family!

Rant over.

5 comments:

Holly said...

We were musing the same thing at work today -- that it felt like we lived in Seattle!

Lou Ann said...

Jamie,

Just thought I'd pass this along. The forecast for Seattle:

High: 71° Low: 54°
High: 75° Low: 55°
High: 76° Low: 55°
High: 70° Low: 53°
High: 71° Low: 51°

Not a drop of rain in site and we haven't had any for a week! Maybe you should move to Seattle. I LOVE the weather here - hee hee!

Your Seattle Friend - Lou Ann & Lexie too

sandyamstar said...

Tell me about it!!! I'm ready to build an ark here! Guess the rain in Utah is balanced by the rain in MD!!!

Anonymous said...

We had to bail out the basement Wednesday night. Spike was ready to abandon ship! Seattle is welcome to our excess rain! Gramma

Megan said...

According to our friendly weather man, Seattle hasn't had any measurable rain in over 20 days. My lawn is looking more like it did in Texas than it should. Dan and I might just be forced to WATER it... perish the thought.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails