Monday, April 5, 2010

Egg Dying

Easter kinda snuck up on me this year. I know, I know, it's on the calendar, there's no excuse for not realizing that one of the most important days of the year is coming... but nonetheless I was a bit shocked this week to realize that Easter was right around the corner.

So Saturday I took the kids out and we purchased the requisite 18 eggs (Grade A, as Sam pointed out repeatedly - nothing but the best for my family!) and checked the cabinets for food coloring and vinegar and we were off to the races for that most poignant of traditions - egg dying.

It's a crazy thing having boys who are old enough to spread out the newspaper, measure the water and vinegar, add 20 drops of food coloring, and dye the eggs all on their own.

And if I had any doubts about how mature and independent they're getting, all questions were erased when Sam exclaimed, "Wow, these eggs are ellipsoid! They're not ovoid like you'd normally see an egg!"

Well, at least they'll still let me hang around and compliment their dying jobs and document the experience for posterity/blog readers. I suppose I'll just have to enjoy whatever part they still need me to play!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails