Friday, June 11, 2010

Prayers for Mei Mei

I pray scriptures for our kiddos and each child has a passage that I've chosen specifically for them. Admittedly, it's difficult to choose a verse for a child we've never met, but I really like praying specific prayers for Mei Mei - it helps me to feel close to her, and I figure that it can't hurt to pray for her even now, right? For Sash I prayed (and pray) Ephesians 3:16-19. And for Mei Mei I pray Zephaniah 3:17:
The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.
Our little one has so much coming - so much confusion, grief, and eventually (we pray) joy in her new family. I love the imagery, the truth that the Creator of the Universe takes great delight in our Mei Mei. That he does and will quiet her with his love. And that he rejoices over her now and evermore.

He's with her now, before we can be with her, while we ache to be with her. And he's with her always. Because the fact is that although we long to be together and we believe that God has brought (will bring) us together, she doesn't need us. She only needs this amazing God who loves her wholly; who is mighty to save.

Oh, Lord, be all of these things in and to our daughter. Now. Always.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails