Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School

Steve's been acting chipper and humming, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" while Jamie equally merrily conducts multiple office goods shopping trips (boy do I love Staples) - it must be back-to-school time! The only sobering part is that we have a fifth grader, a third grader, and a preschooler (and one who refuses to be left out of a photo with her siblings). Yikes! Fifth grade?!? He's like almost a real person!

Besides Ben's rather extreme obedience to the photographic direction to "squeeze in a little tighter to your brother," the morning went smoothly and everybody got off to school without a hitch. WanYing rebounded fairly gracefully from the change in routine, as well, and she swiftly realized that being at home with Dad with nobody to compete with for toys has its perks.

I asked the kiddos about the coolest part of their first day of school and here's what I got:

Ben:  At recess I played with Keagan (this is our social kid)

Sasha:  Making my hand to say:
  1. Cris cross applesauce
  2. Lips closed
  3. Put your bottom on the floor
  4. Hands and feet
  5. Listen to your ears
(apparently she made a craft that had the circle time rules written on a cutout of her hand. I'm guessing that her teacher doesn't actually ask them to listen to their ears, but I'm pretty impressed that Sasha could remember all five directions after day one!)

Sam:  Making some new friends (apparently he found somebody who likes chess and Halo, making for a fast friendship, which is pretty awesome for our less-socially-inclined son)

It sounds like the school year is off to a great start!

3 comments:

The Life of Four Beckstrom's! said...

What preschool does sash go to.

Holly said...

I saw Steve picking up pizza at Papa Johns! I told him to tell you "Holly says 'Hi'" - but am not sure he knows who I am...so... "HI"! I think of you every time I tie dye!
:-)

BabyKazfan said...

i am catching up and loving all these posts. the back to school pics were so cute. and ADOPTIVE FAMILY MAGAZINE?? you are so famous. :) LOVE IT. your family rocks. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails