Friday, February 24, 2012

Maryland Visit Highlights

We spent a lovely President's Day Weekend in Maryland celebrating Sam's birthday and Sasha's Gotcha Day and spending precious time with Steve after two whole months apart.  It was a truly blessed weekend, filled with moments of healing and deep conversation and just the joy of being together.

There were lots of sweet times, but I think that the best thing was seeing and experiencing with my own eyes the truth that I've been believing -  we can be normal again; we can do this family thing.

Things won't be the "same" - how could we emerge from a season like this unchanged? Heavens, I wouldn't want to go through something like this and come out unaffected.  I'm not the same person I was before motherhood, before marriage, before adoption, and I won't be the same person I was before this either.  What a waste of all that pain and and brokenness and perseverance and nervous trust that would be!
The simple truth is that we don't need things to be the same.  We need wholeness. We need healing.  We need continual forgiveness.  We need mercies that are new every morning.

And this weekend showed us precious glimmers that all these things are possible.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails