Sunday, May 12, 2013

Blessed Mama

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference
Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace
Taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it
Trusting that he will make all things right if I surrender to his will
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with him forever in the next
Amen

On days like today - warm sun, happy kids, beautiful backyard (that Steve and the kids cleaned up yesterday for Mother's Day!), planting veggies, gazing at the mountains - it's so blessedly easy to feel serenity and gratitude.  I think that the last year has taught me many lessons about enjoying one moment at a time, and I'm blessed to be able to enjoy this one.  And this one.  And this one :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails