Monday, May 4, 2015

Adventures in Dublin

Ok, I admit it, April was a whirlwind. Between our amazing mission trip to Mexico and work trips to Seattle, Dublin, and Seattle again I was home a whopping 12 days. All month. Not ok.

Dublin was a whole lot of work, but I also managed to get out of the office for a couple of days and see some of the countryside.

Here's what I learned about Ireland this trip:
  1. The weather is amazing. Sunny and gorgous
  2. The Euro is affordable
  3. Riding in the passenger seat while your never-been-to-Europe coworker drives on the left-hand side of the road from the right-hand side of the car is terrifying. But we survived with nary a scratch to the rental car
So, yes, the luck of the Irish was with me throughout the trip!

Here are some of my favorite shots from Dublin and surrounds:

This is Powerscourt Waterfall - the tallest waterfall in the English Isles. Apparently living in Utah kind of spoils you for waterfalls and "heights" because, although very nice, I certainly wouldn't say the falls were a €5 per person tourist destination.


The Cliffs of Moher were amazing


Obligatory castle tour
St. Stephen's Green
St. Patrick's Cathedral

View from my room :)
Irish candy for mom
Irish candy for the babies - all were pleased!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails