Sunday, July 24, 2016

WanYing and Sasha's Baptism

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Sasha: Baptism means you have let Jesus into your heart and you want the world to know.

This is me and WanYing wearing our baptism shirts before we got baptized.


WanYing: The people are watching us doing baptism. Not just me and Sasha, other people are doing it, too. There were people from our church watching us and supporting us. About like 100 or 200 people came. About 40 people got baptized from our church at the Provo River. That's how many people got baptized!

Sasha: This is me when Pastor Scott was asking me if I wanted to let the world know that I let Jesus into my heart and I said, "yes!"

I felt nervous before I got baptized. I was a little scared to go under the water and go back up.

Sasha: After I got baptized I felt great! I let Jesus into my heart and I showed everybody that I let Jesus into my heart.

WanYing: I was sorta nervous, but it was gonna feel good to be baptized, to let the world know that I follow Jesus.

And nothing magical happens, it's just saying, "I follow Jesus."

WanYing: Afterward I feel cold but I let the world know that I follow Jesus.

WanYing: Annie's our church teacher and she teaches about God. And she was proud of me and my sister, Sasha.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails