Monday, March 6, 2017

One Wild Week - Qualtrics Insight Summit

In 24 hours, I got to share the products I work on with an audience of 3,500...

...attend a private concert with Elton John...

...and ski a few runs with Bode Miller!

You guessed it, it's Qualtrics Insight Summit week again!

Insight Summit is our annual Qualtrics customer and industry conference. From learning from luminaries like Michael Lewis, Clayton Christensen, and Angela Duckworth to hearing from Michael Phelps to meeting Qualtrics clients face-to-face, it's non-stop action. For me, it is a whirlwind of excitement, listening, learning, celebrities, fatigue, exhilaration, and joy.

I had the opportunity to speak on the Summit Mainstage as a part of our one-hour product update again this year and was overwhelmed by the warm response to our new products and features. Sharing the hard work of so many engineering teams with an excited audience of 3500 is quite the rush!

Steve snapped this pic from about 2/3 of the way back in the Grand Ballroom - 3500 people sure is a lot!

Reception to our announcements has been great, and I was even quoted in a couple of articles, which is fun! Check out this article on KSL Herald and this article in The Daily Herald to read more about our product announcements and see my quotes :)

Thursday evening, Summit concluded with a private concert with Elton John! It was a total blast to see such a skilled, talented, legendary pro in his element.

Partying with my peeps!

Insight Summit traditionally concludes with a ski day and Steve and I went up to Park City to show Qualtrics clients around the mountain as employee ambassadors. Skiing with clients is always a highlight of Summit, but this year Qualtrics totally upped the ante by bringing Bode Miller to the slopes!

YES! I SKIED FOUR RUNS WITH BODE MILLER!!!

It was an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Needless to say, I couldn't keep up with the best men's downhill skier of all time, but as I bid him adieu we exchanged these words:

Jamie: Thanks, that was really fun
Bode: Yeah. You're a good skier

WHAT?!? Yes, you read that correctly - unprovoked and unrequested, BODE MILLER SAID I'M A GOOD SKIER!!! I'm not sure which moment was more thrilling, addressing a crowd of 3,500 or getting a compliment from Bode Miller! And both happened within 24 hours!

Summit 2017 was amazing. Now to rest up and create more amazing products for us to demo at Summit 2018!

For some reason, Steve didn't appreciate my taking a selfie in front of this poster...
...so we'll go with this one instead :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails